[Zope3-dev] cleanup of zope/component/__init__.py needed

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Mon May 31 11:49:43 EDT 2004

I'm frustrated with the way the component API has been changed without a
posting to this list explaining the changes. Looking into the source
(zope/component/__init__.py), I see various deprecation warnings, some
commented out, others at the wrong indent level, not getting called
appropriately.

I know we assume corporate responsibility for the code, and I'm happy to
help out, but I think the owner of these changes should clean this code
up. This code is too central to be left in this state at this time.

Btw, my preference is to *not* deprecate something like this, given the
push to stabilize the core framework. Utility lookup is something I want
to get right, and it's a trivial reordering of arguments.

I would just humbly request a note posted to this list :-)

  -- Garrett