[Zope3-dev]

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Nov 9 08:35:10 EST 2004

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 03:16:38PM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>I'm open to using a different term.  I'd hate to use a term
>>like "page that contains portlets". :)
>

> Hmm.  "page" and "pagelet"?

Yes, we are using those terms, but we have an intuition that
pagelets and portlets are different, although portlets
may be special kinds of pagelets.

A pagelet is a component of a page.  I'd really like to see
an architecture that deals with page composition.

Portlets are, IMO, content components.  Typically, they are
little mini-applications that can be displayed on various
pages. They are usually created and configured by content
managers or consumers.