[Zope3-dev] Newbie: what's up with all the '.in' files?

Richard Boyd rb at wairoacollege.school.nz
Tue Nov 9 15:28:51 EST 2004

I have downloaded the windows installer of Zope X3

I have manually run runzope.in (it won't run automatically as .in is not
recognised), I get:

Error: error opening file C:\Python23\zopeskel\etc\zope.conf: [Errno 2]
No such
file or directory: 'C:\\Python23\\zopeskel\\etc\\zope.conf'
For help, use runzope.in -h

I rename zope.conf.in to zope.conf, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "runzope.in", line 42, in ?
    run()
  File "runzope.in", line 38, in run
    main(["-C", CONFIG_FILE] + sys.argv[1:])
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\zope\app\server\main.py", line 53,
in main
    setup(args)

I have look in the FAQ and the mailing list, and googled the website -
no luck.

I have gove into the CVS to check the filenames to see if there was an
error with the Windows installer - in is fine.

I would like to write an app in Zope3 with CA, but I can not even get it
started.

And please do not say "Install Linux on your employer's computer" ! :-)

Richard