[Zope3-dev] Re: Newbie: what's up with all the '.in' files?

Peter Mayne PeterMayne at ap.spherion.com
Tue Nov 9 17:41:14 EST 2004

Richard Boyd wrote:
> I have downloaded the windows installer of Zope X3
>
> I have manually run runzope.in (it won't run automatically as .in is not
> recognised)

As the name implies, the zopeskel directory contains the skeleton of a
zope instance. The .in suffix implies that is is input, not something
that can be run. You shouldn't edit or rename these files.

Run mkzopeinstance in the python/scripts directory:

python mkzopeinstance -d <dir> -u <adminuser>:<adminuserpassword>

You'll probably find the Zope 3 book helpful:
<http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/FrontPage/Zope3Book>
See section 1.3.3 "Creating a Zope instance". The version I have uses
the source distribution rather than the Windows installer version, but
the differences are reasonably obvious.

There is nothing wrong with the Windows installer.

PJDM
--
Peter Mayne
Spherion Technology Solutions