[Zope3-dev] Hidden fields inside Schema Edit View....

Craig Ewington ewington at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 21 12:26:11 EST 2004

I've created a view onto a content object.  That view has a link to an
edit view generated by the zope.app.form machinery.  I'd like to
provide a mechanism that returns the user to the original content view
after they click 'Change' at the bottom of the edit form. Absent
sessions (using I'm using the 3.0 release version ), one approach would
be to propagate the url of the originating view using hidden fields.
There's some precedent for this type of state propagation in the
zope.app.form.editwizard.pt template.

My difficulty is that a different template is used for the default edit
view implementations - zope.app.form.edit.pt and it does not support
hidden fields per se.

a) Would it make sense to add hidden field support to
zope.app.form.edit.pt?
b) If no to (a), how should I specify that I want a different edit form
template to be used for all schemas (schemata?)?

- Craig Ewington

P.S. I wasn't sure if this should be posted to Zope3-dev or Zope3-users.