Make check-outs more like release (Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3.0, and why ...

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Nov 22 10:19:43 EST 2004

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Jim Fulton]
>
>>BTW, I think we should make checkouts more like the release.
>>It's a pain to give two sets of instructions.  We have to give
>>2 sets anyway, but some of the differences are gratuitous.
>>
>>I propose:
>>
>>- To rename src to lib/python in the repository
>

> I don't see how this relates to the thread to which it's a reply.

But in the thread, there have been a number of references to
directories in the documentation, such as the tutorial and Stephan's
book that don't exist.  Stephans book and my tutorial were originally
written with a check out in mind.

> I don't see how it would simplify the instructions at
>
> <http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope3Book/installzope3.html>

No, but it would simplify the books and the tutorial.

Alternatively, the books and tutorial could be modified to talk
mostly about releases.