[Zope3-dev] Re: Make check-outs more like release

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Nov 29 09:30:28 EST 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> Another good reason against moving to lib/python is that there are two books
> out there that document the current way.

2 books out where?

I'm confused. Having packages in lib/python *is* the current way for
releases.  Surely the books document how to use releases. Are you saying
that the books document releases *and* the repository layout?

 > BTW, the same is true for Windows
> binary releases. We are now stuck making these type of binary releases.

How are we stuck?

I'm sorry, but, while supporting the books is an important goal,
I can't accept that the what's written in books is going to
prevent changes if we feel there is a good reason to make them.