[Zope3-dev] Re: HTTP sessions

Jeffrey Shell eucci.group at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 13:55:40 EDT 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:27:30 +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen
<philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Peter Mayne wrote:
> > Well, at least that encourages stateless programming. :-)
>
> Maybe so... It's really just bad luck that it came too late for X3.0, no
> other intentions.
>
> > Sidetrack question: what does "in the trunk" mean here?
>
> trunk as in subversion trunk (http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk). X3.0 has
> been split off to a branch a long time ago and was frozen feature-wise.
> All new features since then have only been added to the trunk which will
> eventually become X3.1.

Is there any concern that this will cause people to stay away from
X3.0, or that it will lead to weaker 3rd party session management
implementations for X3.0?

Lack of sessions is a big blocker for an application system that I'm
wanting to port to Zope X3.  I might try working on a different system
instead, though.