[Zope3-dev] error: uncaptured python exception

Peter Mayne PeterMayne at ap.spherion.com
Wed Oct 27 01:01:13 EDT 2004

I have a fairly ordinary schema definition:

class ITesting(Interface):

     testString = TextLine(
         title = u'Test1',
         description = u'Some text',
         required = True)

     testInt = Int(
         title = u'TestInteger',
         description = u'An integer',
         required = True,
         min = 1,
         max = 100)

with an empty implementation. The addform element in
browser/configure.zcml looks like

   <addform
     name="addTesting.html"
     label="Add a Testing Thing"
     schema="water.interfaces.ITesting"
     content_factory="water.testing.Testing"
     fields="testString"
     permission="zope.ManageContent"
   />

Note that only the testString field is listed in the fields attribute.

If I now attempt to add an ITesting object (enter a value for testString
and select "Add"), it appears to work in the browser, but in the log I get

error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel
<zope.server.http.httpserver
channel.HTTPServerChannel connected 192.168.254.1:3562 at 0xa18170>
(socket.error:(10053, 'Software caused connection abort')
[C:\opt\Python23\Lib\site-packages\zope\server\dualmodechannel.py|handle_read|88]
[C:\opt\Python23\Lib\asyncore.py|recv|356])

Worth a bug report?

PJDM
--
Peter Mayne