[Zope3-dev] string agnostic page templates, again

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:17:22 EDT 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:02:10 -0400, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> Just implement ZPT in C and be finally done with it. :-)

Heh.  And just how much of it needs to be in C?

Shane wrote a good chunk of it in C once, at the same time we were
adding a major feature (i18n, IIRC), and no one stepped up to help
test/update that code.  The time available is not unlimited, and a C
implementation of something as involved as ZPT isn't trivial.

I wonder if the best approach would be to implement the evaluation
context differently; I remember a lot of the time was being spent
there the last time I profiled it, but that wasn't recently.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation