[Zope3-dev] AW: AW: IsarSprint topics - Zope 3 application components

dev at projekt01.ch dev at projekt01.ch
Sun Sep 12 19:38:05 EDT 2004

Philipp von Weitershausen
> Betreff: Re: AW: IsarSprint topics - Zope 3 application components

> > I think we can disscuss on the sprint if we should work
> > on the rotterdam skin or implement a additional "isarskin".
>
> I think we should follow the tradition and call a potential new skin
> Munich or wherever it's first being developed at.
>
> Philipp

Ok, I agree
I will work on it at the IsarSprint
Perhaps we should make a brainstormig at the beginning.

I have implemented a pagelet system, but it needs some
refactoring and conceptual work. I like to break the concept
in different parts. I think the main problem is the missing
aquisition from Zope2 for a easy skin concept.

I think something like marker objects for instances is needed.
this way we can mark a instance with a marker object and register
multi adapter on this marker object and the context (instance).

I think otherwise it's hard to show a different view or just
pagelets on a selected instance. But that's a main question
in Zope3. How do we provide in a generic way marking instances
with marker interfaces and get different adapters (or views) for
this instance? Till now we can just define all settings global or
in a site. I really miss such a instance customization.

On the top of such a concept can we easy implement a powerfull
pagelet siystem.

???
---
Any idea how we can customize a instance without to write different
content types if we just whant to show another template or use a
different adapter on just one instance?

Regards
Roger