AW: [Zope3-dev] IsarSprint topics - Zope 3 application components

dev at projekt01.ch dev at projekt01.ch
Sun Sep 12 19:47:10 EDT 2004

Michael Zeltner wrote:

> Am 12.09.2004 um 22:27 schrieb Philipp von Weitershausen:
>
> I know Projekt01 Tiks' has something similiar, but as far as
> i know it
> currently lacks the ability to add TALES conditions to pagelets -
> correct? It's a huge benefit when you're an administrator
> that needs to
> decide which part of the site is shown when.

You can declare pagelets in every instance.
The user (principal) can sort them and enable or disable.

It's more or less a instance customization tool for to
declare multi-adapter on instances reater then in a site.
We use this mechanism for to declare views(multi adapter)
in instances. This voews are collected by a view which is
called from a slot declaration in a page template.

All together acts like slots and pagelets.
We added some ZCML directive and there you can
declare slots and pagelets.

A main restriction is, that we cant register
a view (page) on more then one interface.
This is a restriction of the page directive in Zope3.
But this could change with jim's proposal about
views as multi-adapters. I hope.

Regards
Roger