[Zope3-dev] More patches

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Fri Sep 24 10:01:26 EDT 2004

> Of course, you (Gustavo) can add an Ownder role for your application.

Understood.

I don't think I really need an Owner role. I developed it because
that's the way it was done in CMF/Plone, and I was curious about
how to do that in Zope 3. As I understood it, the same ownership
tricks may be done with direct principal<->permission mappings.

Also, I haven't asked if this was correct or not because I'd like to
understand the security mappings a little bit more than I did, and
implementing it was a nice experience, which could be discarded if
turned up to be incorrect (as it ended up being).

> If you (Gustavo) are going to be working on Zope 3, I'd really rather
> you become a contributor, so you can check things in yourself.

I'm in the process of evaluating Zope 3 and developing prototypes to
convince people in the company that being early adopters for Zope 3
for use in the company itself, and in external products in the future,
is a good move. I'll be more than happy to become a contributor, and
will be glad to help for as long as possible.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net