[Zope3-dev] Principal with annotations

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Sep 26 20:38:47 EDT 2004

On Sunday 26 September 2004 01:46, Florian Lindner wrote:
> First of all, I don't even know weather it is actually possible or not.
> When I add a new Principal through the webinterface I click on
> "Principal" on the left side of the browserwindow. That's also the only
> choice. But is it possible to create a new kind of principal, like
> MyPrincipal and leave the "Principal" untouched? I hope I could explain
> what I mean....

Of course. You can just create your own implementation of a persistent
principal and register it via ZCML. Just make sure your principal also
implements IBTreePrincipalSourceContained. See
zope.app.pluggableauth.interfaces.

However, I would suggest that you use adapters (in combination with principal
annotations). Principals should not be expected to be stored permanently.
This will be even more dominant once we port Zope 2's PAS to Zope 3.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter