[Zope3-dev] Re: AW: Sprint Topics

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 27 14:57:57 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Friday 24 September 2004 21:19, dev at projekt01.ch wrote:
>
>>>While I converted the menus to be subscription adapters this
>>>week, there are
>>>still some outstanding tasks, such as allowing for sub-menus,
>>>supporting menu
>>>item icons and having a menu item be available, but disabled.
>>
>>We should add submenus to the zmi_actions. e.g submenus of the
>>Add action could be the Content Types where you can add.
>
> Yes, for example. I am still pretty clueless how we want to make a nice
> implementation for sub-menus.

Nested sub menus that pops up on click or on mouseover are not user
friendly from a strict usability point of view.

If you have so much information on a page that you want to hide it in a
popup-sub-menu, it would be better to reduce the amount of information,
IMHO.

(Sometimes I have the feeling that this is the wrong list for discussing
Z3 UI and usability issues. I can point out some usability issues if
anybody is interested.)

Tonico