[Zope3-dev] Re: AW: Sprint Topics

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Sep 27 13:47:46 EDT 2004

On Monday 27 September 2004 14:57, Tonico Strasser wrote:
> >>We should add submenus to the zmi_actions. e.g submenus of the
> >>Add action could be the Content Types where you can add.
> >
> > Yes, for example. I am still pretty clueless how we want to make a nice
> > implementation for sub-menus.
>
> Nested sub menus that pops up on click or on mouseover are not user
> friendly from a strict usability point of view.

Nobody said anything about how they are going to be realized.

> If you have so much information on a page that you want to hide it in a
> popup-sub-menu, it would be better to reduce the amount of information,
> IMHO.

I disagree here though. It is just another way of allowing people to quickly
add a content object without having another screen (if we use the
javascript-driven submenu).

> (Sometimes I have the feeling that this is the wrong list for discussing
> Z3 UI and usability issues. I can point out some usability issues if
> anybody is interested.)

We all know what's wrong with Rotterdam. It's no big secret. Just noone works
on it.

The sub-menu support here is a framework problem, not a UI one.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter