[Zope3-dev] Removing I18nFile and I18nImage from X3.0

Juergen Rose juergen at ipixel.com.au
Wed Sep 29 22:13:50 EDT 2004

> when I18nFile and I18nImage were origianlly developed they were a
> proof of
> concept on how to to I18n'ed content. However, it was always only a
> prototype
> and sanity check during early development. The current state of the two
> components is rather sad, since they have not been properly
> maintained. I
> therefore propose to remove the two from the X3.0 release; no other
> code
> should depend on it.
>
> Objections?

I do not use them right now, but I think it is good to have something
equivalent. For Images there are to different use cases in my opinion.
The first is the one what did the original I18nImage, which helps to
have for instance pictures with text in it, in different languages. The
second thing would be, to have one image, but with i18n aware title,
description, keywords, ... .

And I really would like to have such things with the stock ZopeX3
because they are extremely useful, and great examples to implement
stuff like that on your own :-)

Juergen Rose