[Zope3-dev] Form framework, adapters and pau

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at projekt01.ch
Wed Apr 6 08:33:32 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Here's an alternate proposal:
>
> Let's put the proxying in the trusted adapter factory.
>
> Let's make the trusted adapter factory add the proxy
> if the adapter doesn't set ILocation. Then the form code
> stays clean and other code will benefit.  This would become
> part of the definition of trusted adapters.
>
> If there are no objections, let's do it this way.

+1
It's a positive convergence from adapters and content components.

- 1
It might be a trap too, because developers must be aware of the pretty
implicit differnces between trusted and unstrusted adapters. In cases
where unstrusted adapters require a dedicated permission the editview
has still to proxy those adapters to procede correctly. Would it be
possible to deprecate the unstrusted adapters or proxy them to?

Question:
Then we have to build location proxies most of the time. Is that not a
performance issue?