[Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope3-Users] page uses foreign view: context changed

Wed Apr 6 17:10:27 EDT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2005 17:01 schrieb Roger Ineichen:
> Hi Florian
>
> Behalf Of Florian Lindner
>
> > Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:22 PM
> > To: zope3-users at zope.org
> > Subject: [Zope3-Users] page uses foreign view: context changed
> >
> > Hello,
> > I'vw a viewA on a objectA including a macro:
> >

> > <metal:block define-macro="info">
> > </metal:block>
> >
> > A view of objectB uses this macro and inserts it into its own viewB:
>
> I can't follow. What do you try to say?
> What is "A view of objectB" and "its own viewB"?

A object uses a macro which is defined in a view of another object.
In this macros I want to access the data from the object the view was
originaly registered for.

> > <metal:block use-macro="item/@@shortinfo/info" />
> >
> > My problem is now, that the context of viewA is objectB. But
> > I want it to
> > insert some data from objectA. How can I get objectA, the
> > object viewA was
> > registered for?
>
> You only can access a view and this view adapts one context.
>
> If you have a viewA on objectA and you like to access other
> context as well there are different concept for this.
>
> Take a look at path adapters or pagedata in zope.app.pagelet
> both of them can be used to access additonal adapters which
> can lookup for other objects like objectB additional to your
> request adapter (viewA) on the context (objectA).

I've read Stephans pagelet demo and I don't think that pagelet are the right
way to solve my problem.
I will try to take a look at those other methods you mentioned.

Florian