[Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope3-Users] page uses foreign view: contextchanged

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed Apr 6 18:26:58 EDT 2005

Hi Florian

Behalf Of Florian Lindner
> Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:10 PM
> To: zope3-dev at zope.org; dev at projekt01.ch
> Subject: Re: [Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope3-Users] page uses foreign
>
> Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2005 17:01 schrieb Roger Ineichen:
> > Hi Florian
> >
> > Behalf Of Florian Lindner
> >
> > > Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:22 PM
> > > To: zope3-users at zope.org
> > > Subject: [Zope3-Users] page uses foreign view: context changed
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > > I'vw a viewA on a objectA including a macro:
> > >

> > > <metal:block define-macro="info">
> > > </metal:block>
> > >
> > > A view of objectB uses this macro and inserts it into its
> own viewB:
> >
> > I can't follow. What do you try to say?
> > What is "A view of objectB" and "its own viewB"?
>
> A object uses a macro which is defined in a view of another object.
> In this macros I want to access the data from the object the view was
> originaly registered for.

Ok, I was thinking about that you mean somthing like this.
This isn't possible. Or let's say you mix up some parts.

The macro which you suggest is just a page template. This template
you are useing in a view. If this macro is also used in another view,
it has in this usecase nothing to do with the other view. There is
no relation, if you register a page template as a macro and a second
time as a view, between the macro and the view.

Perhaps I don't understand this correctly. Can you post the ZCML
directive, then I see what you mean?

Regards
Roger Ineichen