[Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope3-Users] page uses foreign view: contextchanged

Fri Apr 8 14:17:57 EDT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2005 18:26 schrieb Roger Ineichen:
> Hi Florian
>
> Behalf Of Florian Lindner
>
> > Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:10 PM
> > To: zope3-dev at zope.org; dev at projekt01.ch
> > Subject: Re: [Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope3-Users] page uses foreign
> >
> > Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2005 17:01 schrieb Roger Ineichen:
> > > Hi Florian
> > >
> > > Behalf Of Florian Lindner

> > own viewB:
> > > I can't follow. What do you try to say?
> > > What is "A view of objectB" and "its own viewB"?
> >
> > A object uses a macro which is defined in a view of another object.
> > In this macros I want to access the data from the object the view was
> > originaly registered for.
>
> Ok, I was thinking about that you mean somthing like this.
> This isn't possible. Or let's say you mix up some parts.
>
> The macro which you suggest is just a page template. This template
> you are useing in a view. If this macro is also used in another view,
> it has in this usecase nothing to do with the other view. There is
> no relation, if you register a page template as a macro and a second
> time as a view, between the macro and the view.
>
> Perhaps I don't understand this correctly. Can you post the ZCML
> directive, then I see what you mean?

Ok, I've understand the problem.

What I want:

A folderish object f has a view. This should display information from the
children of f. The children provide this information as a snippet of HTML
code which could be inserted directly in f's view.

|- a
|- b
|- c
|- d

The view of f should iterate through [a,b,c,d] and get the snippet from every
object. The snippets should be in the same order like the objects in the
folder. Only direct children should be called.

The problem I see with pagelets that the order is undefinied and that all
children (recursivly) and not only direct children are called.

Or is the best way to implement a own MacroCollector for that?

Bye,

Florian