[Zope3-dev] Wiki permissions and PAU [Zope3-dev] Form framework, adapters and pau

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at projekt01.ch
Wed Apr 13 05:43:24 EDT 2005

Paolo Invernizzi wrote:

> I've a problem with the wiki that I can't resolve... Zope3 trunk current.
>
> I've added a PAU to
> http://eye:8080/++etc++site/default/@@contents.html with a
> PrincipalFolder and some principals.
>
> I've activated the "No Challenge if Authenticated" and the "Zope Realm
> Basic-Auth"
>
> I've also granted some principals in http://eye:8080/@@grant.html some
> principal of the folder with the Site Manager role.
>
> While everything is working pretty well, the principal can login,
> administer the site etc,etc I've a problem...
>
> I added a Wiki. While the principal can access single pages, the
> search in http://eye:8080/the_wiki/@@search.html, see the contents in
> http://eye:8080/the_wiki/@@contents.html, if cannot access the Table
> of contents http://eye:8080/the_wiki/@@toc.html (You are not authorized).

That's an artefact of the problem we dicussed currently in [Zope3-dev]
Form framework, adapters and pau thread.

Only the global authentication is invoked, because  the trusted
WikiPageHierarchyAdapter does not implement ILocation. Therefore your
user does not 'exists' during the authentication and that is leading to
this failure.

Temporary workaround: zwiki\wikipage.py line 73, derive
WikiPageHierarchyAdapter from Location

from zope.app.location import Location

class WikiPageHierarchyAdapter(Location):

We' ve planed to fix that problem correctly:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2005-April/014140.html

Regards,
Dominik Huber