[Zope3-dev] Re: Release numbering

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Apr 20 14:11:56 EDT 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> I would like to settle for a consistent naming convention. I'm ok with
>> keeping the X (under the premasis of an alternate interpretation) and
>> I also agree with Martijn that "Zope X3 3.1.0" is quite long, but I
>> can accept even the worst naming convention if it is at least consistent.
>
> I'm not sure what you're suggesting here, but let's please not settle
> into "Zope X3 3.1.0" if th only reason is to be consistent with Zope X3
> 3.0; this means you could never correct a mistake. Let's make it simple
> and straightforward now, so that there won't be so many problems with
> interpretation.

Fine with me. I was just chickening out of the actual discussion whether
to drop the X, the X3, or whatever. All I care about is that it's
consistent and that it has an interpretation that is current,
well-understood by us Zope 3 developers and understandable for customers
and readers of magazines/books.

Philipp