[Zope3-dev] Packages in X3 3.1

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Apr 22 07:17:01 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I am pretty much done getting the release structure setup, i.e. get it running
and deciding what will be in and what will be out. I have a hard time to
decide about the following:

zope.app.recorder -- Allows you to create functional doc tests by simply using
a special HTTP server, instead of TCPWatch. I think this is a great
improvement. I would add it.

zope.app.homefolder -- Provides some basic support for principal home folders.
It was originally intended for a demo, but Florian Lindner has started using
it and it seems useful to him. I am impartial about it.

zope.app.versioncontrol -- This has been checked in even before X3 3.0.0 came
out. I have a suspicion ZC wants it, but maybe they can live without it and
install it themselves. Anyway, I am not sure this API is stable and people
work on more advanced versions.

Regards,
Stephan
--