[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Repository State

Benji York benji at zope.com
Mon Aug 1 07:13:54 EDT 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Stephan Richter wrote: ...
>>
>>> We will also require Python 2.4 for Zope 3.2, so feel free to use
>>> new Python features such as decorators.
>>

>> How did we decide this?  Shouldn't we follow a proposal-based
>> policy for a change like this?
>
> I would favor Python 2.4 for Zope 3.2 [...]
>
> It is a bit frustrating for Zope 2.x developers as they don't have
> the latest and greatest Zope 3.x but I don't consider this a big
> problem myself as its only lagging behind 1 release cycle so they
> only need to wait to get newer features.

If we are able to maintain the time-based releases, we'll have another
release in June of '06, that means if we use 2.4 for 3.2, Zope 2 will
still have to migrate to 2.4, just in 10 months, not in 4.

Hmm, crazy idea: perhaps we should ask the Zope 2 folks (developers) if
they'd be willing to do the work to get to 2.4.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer