[Zope3-dev] Ajax in Zope 3

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Tue Dec 6 18:19:14 EST 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 5:35 PM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> I don't know if Javascript is mature

(I think Benji's question is not whether JS is mature but the AJAX
library landscape is mature; that's certainly what I question)

> but I do know we all do javascript/ajax in our customer apps
> today because it is already enhancing user experience, and we are
> able at this time to come up with common
> needs and ways.

Sure: we're all interested in this because we think/know in will help
our customer apps.

> I was talking about a toolkit because it seems that most of the
> time there's a cohesion between a
> web framework, its community, and a js toolkit:
> even though they are independant, they kinda grow together because
> the web application
> feeds the toolkit with use cases, the community share knowledge and
> experience on both,
> and the toolkit kinda give the manners to do things in the web app UIs

You're right, each of the various frameworks do seem to each choose a
single toolkit.  The difference between everybody's perspective,
though--for instance, I tend to strongly agree with you about the
CrackAJAX approach, but I know others who agree with Florent--makes
me wonder if we should settle there.  If we do, it seems like it
ought to be a "light" (i.e., replacable) decision.

> But anyway, it seems wise to start up with server side ajax views
> and other helper.

Cool.

> I am looking forward for the proposal revision :)

Fair enough. :-)  I'll see what I can do.

Gary