[Zope3-dev] Re: Twisted Publisher and Zope 2

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Thu Dec 8 12:36:25 EST 2005

--On 8. Dezember 2005 11:47:10 -0500 Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com>
wrote:
>> Yep. Nobody has complained to us about this yet. I personally do not use
>> ZEO,  so I could not fix the issue anyways.
>
> If twisted and ZEO are incompatible, then twisted needs *never* to be
> the default;  ZEO is an essential part of Zope's "real world" story.  I
> can't imagine even  *developing* without ZEO, much less deploying
> applications in production.

This raises the question about what projects are important and what are the
risks. Replacing the publisher appears to me like "nice-to-have" project
but it does not appear so important to me. I would prefer to get e.g. the
ZPT implementation from Z3 into Z2. This would resolve hopefully most of
the current annoyances with ZPT in Z2.

-aj