[Zope3-dev] ISourceQueriables / Bug

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Feb 8 11:37:55 EST 2005

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> Hi together,
>
> There is a bug in the vocabulary 'PrincipalSource'
> method 'getQueriables' or somewhere around this lookup.
>
> Usecase:
>
> in the root ++etc++site:
> - Add PlugableAuhtenticationUtility
> - Add GroupFolder
> - Add Principals
> - Edit PAU for useing group folder and principal
>
> in a subsite ++etc++site:
> - Add a folder below the root.
> - Make the folder to a site (Mekt site)
> - Add PlugableAuhtenticationUtility
> - Add GroupFolder
> - Add Principals
> - Edit PAU for useing group folder and principal
>
> If you now go to the subsite's grant.html
> view you see all the sources.
>
> The groupfolder of the (root) site doesn't show up.
> Instead of this source we I get the groupfolder
> of the subsite twice.
>
> The reason why, I used the same prefix and name
> for the gorup folders.

This sounds like a bug.  I don't have time to look at it now.
I suggest creating a collextor entry, preferably with a
functional test.

> Can we:
> a.) disallow to use the same prefix twice

No, there are specialized cases where you need to do this.

I realy don't see, however, why the prefix should affect
searching.

> or
> b.) don't give the same named group folder (source) back twice.

Yes, we should be able to arrange to fix this.