[Zope3-dev] Use of 'adapts' in Zope core

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Feb 8 14:49:54 EST 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
> When we create adapters in the Zope core, should we start to use
> `adapts` when we can?

Yes

> If we use `adapts`, should we omit the `for` attr in the ZCML?

IMO, yes

> I routinely refer to the ZCML to see what adapters are configured for
> what interfaces. If we start omitting this information in the ZCML, we
> add another lookup step to figure out what's going on.

True

> Then again, maybe this is not bad.

It is bad, IMO, but I think the clutter in the ZCML may be worse.

I don't find ZCML to be a good tool to find how things are connected,
as it's too scattered around.

I really think that apidoc will prove to be a great tool
for seeing how things are put together, although it needs some work.