[Zope3-dev] Use of 'adapts' in Zope core

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 15:12:18 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> It is bad, IMO, but I think the clutter in the ZCML may be worse.
>
> I don't find ZCML to be a good tool to find how things are connected,
> as it's too scattered around.

I don't think of ZCML as a useful tool to explore, though that's often
what we have now.

> I really think that apidoc will prove to be a great tool
> for seeing how things are put together, although it needs some work.

Yes.  But I think it would be nice to have something that loads the
ZCML without starting Zope as well, and letting us query the global
registrations in interesting ways.  I'm not really sure what this
would look like yet, but taking a look at things this way may be
quicker than starting Zope, especially for checking things that aren't
yet complete.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation