[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: ldapauth/trunk/ Correctedsometypos in the'ldapauth' module.

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Feb 14 15:11:55 EST 2005

Hi Derrick

Right, if nobody works on it it will die.

> We need a 3.1 release Soon to close the gap between the current
> release and the known future.  Sometimes it is hard to justify using
> the trunk, particularly when a stable release exists.  However it is
> hard to want to work on improving things that are already slated for
> removal/change and we can't stay in limbo forever.  A 3.1 release will
> solve all of these issues by providing a new stable release containing
> the post-3.0 redesigns.

I don't have the time right now for to work on a ldap implementation.
But the ladappas looks very how a authentication plugin should look like.

i don't know how 'efge' the commiter of ldappas is.
Perhaps you can contact him and ask if we should use his work as
a default ldap pas implementation.

If so, it whould be nice if somebody could take care to the
package and provide updates if needed. The biggets problem is,
that this package isn't in the trunk itself. The reason why is:
The ldapadapter and the ldappas packages has dependency to the
external 'python-ldap' package whold break the trunk.

Regards
Roger Ineichen