[Zope3-dev] Re: CSS-Style-Guide / looking for help

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 15 06:35:06 EST 2005

Roger Ineichen wrote:

>>I find it difficult to discuss the correct HTML markup. Tables for
>>layout, the correct heading level, using definition lists for
>>something
>>that is not a definition, class names and id names, b, i, br, the
>>correct doctype, etc.
>>
>>We need to define at least the browser support level and the
>>accessibility level before we can discuss the correct use of HTML
>>elements, IMHO.
>

> We define this as next.
>
> Can you add this to the CSS proposal?

I'll do if I get edit permissions on the Wiki. My username is nucleus.

> Please make differences between the ZMI and enduser skins.
>
> I like to see a ZMi in which the navigation on the left side is
> working correct. I don't think this is possible without tables.

Sorry for my ignorance, what is the problem with the navigation?

> If you see a way to use a tableless layout with a working left
> navigation box let me know. Remember its width is dynamic.

What is the exact problem with tables for the ZMI?

It is possible, no problem in modern browsers but: which browsers do we
want to support.

I was thinking about a solution with frames for the ZMI navigation.
Either iframes or something like <http://www.fu2k.org/alex/css/frames/>.

Tonico