[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 release planning

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Feb 17 09:47:15 EST 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>> Yes, I know I'm sounding like a broken record here.
>>

>> Especially since I and others already agree with you.  We are going
>> to switch to regular releases, but it's going to take some effort to
>> get that started.
>

> I know, I just was rather taken aback by the XXX comment on the checkins
> list the other day and thought I'd bleat again.
>
> In addition this week I heard the schoolbell/tool people sigh a bit
> about Zope 3 releases -- they have been developing against Zope 3 trunk
> and are planning a stable release in march for Schoolbell. They were
> assuming/expecting a release of 3.1 in january, but that didn't happen.
> Anyway, one can't blame just the Zope 3 project for that but also the
> development decisions taken with Schoolbell, but it's an unfortunate
> situation.

Yes.

I wish there was something we could do about this.

Given the schoolbell situation, I'd be willing to compromise a bit.

I've made a to-do list for the next release:

   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ZopeX3310ToDo

I'm sure that this is incomplete.

Perhaps Lennart or someone else would be willing to manage this
list and try to herd people toward getting the items on it done.
Of course, if we accelerate this for the schoolbell project, they
need to make sure the release has what they need.