[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 release planning

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 17 09:54:36 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 12:55:16PM +0100, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
[...]

| at this juncture, when people are starting to dwelve into Zope3 I would
| say that stability is more important.

Don't forget that there are two kinds of stability.  You discussed one
of them, and I have no arguments against what you said.  However,
Zope3 is currently lacking the other kind of stability.  Version 3.0
is released, however I already know that the authentication and
services aspects of it are significantly changed for 3.1.  I am stuck
between a) creating and maintaining already-obsolete code b) trying to
justify developing against the trunk and keeping pace with it or c)
sitting on my hands waiting for 3.1.  I don't think I can manage 'b',
and I'm adverse to 'a' for non-pressing matters, so I am currently
stuck with 'c'.

-D

not sure about the former.
        Albert Einstein