[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 release planning

Tom Hoffman tom.hoffman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:59:10 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:12:21 -0500, Stephan Richter
> > Perhaps Lennart or someone else would be willing to manage this
> > list and try to herd people toward getting the items on it done.
> > Of course, if we accelerate this for the schoolbell project, they
> > need to make sure the release has what they need.
>
> Can we keep this list in doc/TODO? I have started one already there.
>
> Also, I talked to Tom Hoffman from the SchoolBell team yesterday and he said
> that an April release date would be acceptable.

To reduce the likelihood that Brian Sutherland, our intrepid
_volunteer_ release manager reaches across the Atlantic to strangle me
with his bare hands, or, failing that, just quits in frustration, I
should qualify my statement.

We decided to develop from the trunk understanding the risks, so I
don't feel like it is appropriate to make a big fuss about 3.1 not
being released by a certain time.  No promises were made to us.

In practical terms, it seems as though a snapshot from the trunk will
be stable enough for our release.

On the other hand, from a packaging, release management point of view,
it will be a significant pain in the ass to not have a 3.1 release
before March 15.

I'm resigned to that not seeing a release before then, and we're
working on that assumption, but it would be very helpful to us if
there was an early March release.

Tom Hoffman
SchoolTool Project Manager