[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 release planning

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:53:58 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:04:13 -0600, Garrett Smith
<garrett at mojave-corp.com> wrote:
> Btw, Stephan's point about even/odd release numbers, indicating stable
> vs experimental releases is very interesting. I've seen this in a few
> projects, though I don't have any direct experience myself.

I think both Linux and Gnome use this, and there are others.

I've never liked it myself, because it seems non-obvious if you aren't
aware that version numbers carry this sort of information.  A project
name and a version number, by themselves, don't tell me that.
Discovering this seems like an extra step for people who generally
want to believe that releases are stable.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation