[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 release planning

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Fri Feb 18 13:45:06 EST 2005

I think we can just accept the fact that sometimes there will be
fundamental changes in the API. It's desirable to not have it,
obviously, but it will happen.

Staged deprecation is OK in those cases.

But also, we can not let the need of API changes stop this from
releasing. In fact, it should be a reason to release more often, since
we want regular stable checkpoints with a well defined API. It matters
less that the API changes between versions, than if it changes within
one version. Which is what it does if we start forcing the Trunk on
people in production.