[Zope3-dev] Zope3 memory mystery

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Fri Feb 18 22:04:42 EST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 03:47:24PM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
> Running the unit tests alone:
> 140MB.
>
> Running the functional tests alone:
> the high water mark is about 90MB.
>
> But running both kinds of tests in one run:
> the high water mark is over 400MB(!).  The unit tests run first then,
> and by the time they finish the high water mark is the same ~140MB as
> when running only the unit tests.  That's not surprising.  The
> surprising part is that the high water mark during the functional
> tests keeps growing and growing, until it far exceeds what I'd _guess_
> would be the worst-case 140+90 = 230 running them separately suggests.
>
> What do people see on non-Windows boxes?

I saw the same thing on my Ubuntu Linux laptop.  Apparently Jim did too:
http://zope3.pov.lt/irclogs/%23zope3-dev.2005-02-16.log.html#t2005-02-16T03:12:50

Marius Gedminas
--
Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except for that
rare story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge.