[Zope3-dev] Zope3 memory mystery

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 00:01:07 EST 2005

[Marius Gedminas]
> I saw the same thing on my Ubuntu Linux laptop.

I'm not clear on what "same thing" means.  Does it mean all 3 of:

1. -u tests alone peak at ~140MB.
2. -f tests alone peak at ~90BM.
3. running all tests in one run peaks at > 400MB.

or just some subset of those 3 (and if so, which subset)?  Any one of
those alone isn't especially interesting, it's the combination all 3
that's peculiar.

> Apparently Jim did too:
> http://zope3.pov.lt/irclogs/%23zope3-dev.2005-02-16.log.html#t2005-02-16T03:12:50

That's definitely not "same thing":  there's no clue there about #2
above.  Of course I tried this because Jim mentioned that IRC chat to
me.  As a result of that, I did a Zope3 checkin that chopped 200MB off
the highwater mark when running the ZEO tests.  1-3 above were
measured after that checkin; the referenced log was from before that
checkin.