[Zope3-dev] Problems with zope.app.module

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Feb 22 14:49:58 EST 2005

Gintautas Miliauskas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have accidentally discovered today that the persistent module package
> in Zope3 (zope.app.module) is in limbo, because the test suite was
> referring to the wrong doctest.  As a result, the code was broken and I
> even found a typo in the test code (which was how I discovered the
> problem).
>
> I tried to get the code back up and running and partly succeeded, but I
> did not manage to fix some important things.  For now I have commented
> out parts of the test.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable could look at
> the code?  There's more information in my commit message:
> http://z3c.pov.lt/20050222111309.7D769203308@mail.zope.org
>
> The package is probably not that important as nobody had noticed the
> breakage until now, but it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

I would actually prefer to rip it out for now.  My work on rescuing
ZClasses has convinced me that I want to take a different approach.

In fact, I'd like to rip out modules, page folders, site-management
templates and any other support for creating TTW adapters or views.

We'll bring all of this stuff back later when we have time to do a good
job on it.