[Zope3-dev] Re: SVN: Zope3/trunk/src/zope/component/README.txt prompt was missing

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Feb 25 09:41:34 EST 2005

E. Frerich wrote:
> Hello Philipp,
>
> - until now I didn't have a config file. Thank for your help. I'll
> checkin some other txt- files so Philipp please check these files if
> the line endings are correct.

You can check yourself. All text files should have the property
svn:eol-style:

   $ svn proplist foo.txt
   Properties on 'foo.txt':
     svn:eol-style
   $ svn propget svn:eol-style foo.txt
   native
   $

> - I added the prompt because there was an ugly error if you read the README.txt
> with the new bookmodule in apidoc

Maybe so, but randomly adding a prompt to a doctest is asking for trouble...

> - I would prefer that Zope3 needs now Python 2.4. Then we can use the new builtin
> decimal.

I'm sure Python 2.4 brings a lot of nice advantages, of which I
personally consider the decimal type least significant for Zope 3.
However, Zope needs to be deployable and will want to ship with Linux
distributions, for example. Python 2.4 has not been established
everywhere yet; not all third-party software has been audited for 2.4
compatability yet, etc. etc.

Philipp