[Zope3-dev] ++etc++process doesn't work?

Markus Leist ml_zope3_dev at ikom-online.de
Sat Feb 26 11:04:46 EST 2005

Am Freitag, 25. Februar 2005 15:54 schrieb Markus Leist:
> Am Freitag, 25. Februar 2005 15:40 schrieben Sie:
> > On Friday 25 February 2005 09:36, Markus Leist wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >   File "/opt/ikom/Zope3/src/zope/app/publisher/browser/resource.py",
> > > line 39, in __call__
> > >     url = str(zapi.getMultiAdapter((site, self.request), IAbsoluteURL))
> > >   File
> > > "/opt/ikom/Zope3/src/zope/app/traversing/browser/absoluteurl.py", line
> > > 55, in __str__
> > >     raise TypeError, _insufficientContext
> > > TypeError: There isn't enough context to get URL information. This is
> > > probably due to a bug in setting up location information.
> >
> > The site object does not have a location. I do not know why this would be
> > the case, so it will need some investigating.
> >
> > If you cannot fix it yourself, please file a bug report.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Stephan
>
> Ok, let's try to help by myself.
>
> What are good Tools to find such an error? Is there an Mini-FAQ of
> developing Zope3-Core?
>
> On my target system there is no GUI, but i'm able to dublicate the
> system to my notebook with all wanted linux tools.
>
> What's the way to help without posting stupid error-logs?
>

> Markus

Ok, i've found doc/DEBUG.txt and "The Python Debugger"-chapter from
python.org.

Is there any "Remote-Debug-API" and Client-Gui-Debugger or other
techniques for debugging Zope3 a bit more "comfortably" -
at the present moment i'm working with "printf"-debugging.

Is there any "best-practice" example in debugging Zope3?

Markus