[Zope3-dev] Re: New Software Space UI

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jan 6 09:44:57 EST 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 06 January 2005 03:33, Paul Everitt wrote:
>
>>I agree with Jim's point about asking more basic questions.  First and
>>foremost, is this UI aimed at someone who already knows the CA or
>>doesn't?  And regarding their sophistication, is this someone more like
>>Stephan or, errr, more like me? :^)
>>
>>If it is someone more like me, and someone that might not have learned
>>the CA yet, perhaps we have to take one step farther back.
>

> Well, I think we need a UI for both.

Yes, but wrt utilities, I think the need is far more pressing for the
non-develper.

 > We want the Python developer to feel
> comfortable with the UI and recognize the patterns he is used to from Python
> development. This means that there should be a distinction between utilities,
> adapters and views...

I think that this is a long term goal, but I think short term focus should be
on site managers and utilities.  We still have more to do for the developer
on the file system.

> On top of that I would imagine a high-level UI that addresses the direct need
> for the site manager.

On top of what? Surely not a developer UI.