[Zope3-dev] SequenceWidget and issue 293

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 18 23:20:41 EST 2005

I have been working on my solution to Collector issue 293.  I created
the tests and all tests pass now.  However, before I commit my changes
I want to understand the motivation behind the changes that caused the
problem.

'svn blame' reports that the __init__ signature for SequenceWidget was
last modified in r13834 (early May of 2004).  It seems that the
'value_type' argument was meant for something, however in more recent
revisions it was ignored and is the source of the CustomWidgetFactory
problem.

Basically I would like to know what the argument was meant for and if
anyone has any objections to my removing it, and making the
corresponding change to the existing tests, as noted in issue #293.

TIA,
-D

--
\begin{humor}