[Zope3-dev] Re: SequenceWidget and issue 293

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 19 10:57:12 EST 2005

Thank you for double-checking this for me.

The issue is fixed in r28873 on the 3.0 branch.  Now I will learn the
-proper- way to merge it on the trunk :-).

I added a followup in the Collector, but I wasn't able to change any
flags such as assigning it to myself or marking it as fixed.  Should I
have permission to do that or not?

-D

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 07:52:56AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| Derrick Hudson wrote:
| >I have been working on my solution to Collector issue 293.  I created
| >the tests and all tests pass now.  However, before I commit my changes
| >I want to understand the motivation behind the changes that caused the
| >problem.
| >
| >'svn blame' reports that the __init__ signature for SequenceWidget was
| >last modified in r13834 (early May of 2004).  It seems that the
| >'value_type' argument was meant for something, however in more recent
| >revisions it was ignored and is the source of the CustomWidgetFactory
| >problem.
|
| It was ignored in that revision too.  I suspect that the author added it,
| intending to use it for something and then changed their mind.
|
| >Basically I would like to know what the argument was meant for and if
| >anyone has any objections to my removing it, and making the
| >corresponding change to the existing tests, as noted in issue #293.
|
| Please go ahead and remove it.
|
| Jim

                                               -- Dave Parnas

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org