[Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope3-checkins] SVN:Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/locales/de/LC_MESSAGES/zope. Editedgerman translation

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Jan 24 12:17:31 EST 2005

Hi stefan

Isn't this possible with a global translation of some
parts and a local translation of other parts?

All the global and local translations will provide
the full translation.

Does a single translation message get aquired if it's not
provided in a local translation domain. Or is just the
translation domain aquired at all.

> We currently do not have the technology to do it. This is not
> an easy issue,
> btw. I have no good answer.
>
> > BTW;
> > I really think translate straightforward is not the
> > best solution. I'm really not able to find the right
> > Utility in the ++etc++site in my own language right now!
>
> I think developers should use the original English version to
> avoid any
> confusion. :-)

It's not for myself. It's a problem if we speak with
customers which normaly use the german translations.
The use all the time such curious words like "Schnittstelle".
I think it whold be nice to share common terms and
definitions in one language.

Regards
Roger Ineichen