[Zope3-dev] Re: Encoding of the PageTemplateFile

Dmitry Vasiliev lists at hlabs.spb.ru
Wed Jul 13 08:04:52 EDT 2005

Fred Drake wrote:
> On 7/13/05, Dmitry Vasiliev <lists at hlabs.spb.ru> wrote:
>
>>Ok. But default 'ascii' encoding seems like a bug for me and I want to change
>>it to 'utf-8' before the release.
>

> Not using the right encoding for the input would indeed be a bug.  Do
> you have a reason to think it's handled incorrectly in XML mode?
> Expat is allowed to deal with the encoding on it's own; nothing is
> done to override the use of the encoding from the XML declaration.
>
> Please file a bug in the collector with a sample input if that's the case.

No. In XML mode input encoding is always handled correctly and we get an
unicode PT content. But in HTML mode no encoding/decoding operations is
performed on input so we get an str PT content and implicitly default PT input
encoding is 'ascii'. I want to apply the attached patch so default PT input
encoding explicitly will be 'utf-8'.

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
     http://hlabs.spb.ru