[Zope3-dev] Re: Backard incompatible change to zope.formlib

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jul 14 17:44:28 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Currently, if you have an action defined with a label that
> is not an identifier:
>
>   @form.action(_("Return for changes"))
>   def return_for_changes(form, action):
>
> The submit button name will be converted to hex
> (e.g. form.actions.52657475726e20666f72206368616e676573).
>
> I propose that we use the action handler name instead
> (e.g. form.actions.return_for_changes).

Gary pointed out to me that I should clarify that I
propose to use the handler name regardless of whether the
label is an identifier.

Also note that you will be able, as you are now, to
provide a name explicitly:

   @form.action(_("Return for changes"), name='return')
   def return_for_changes(form, action):