[Zope3-dev] KeywordIndex

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Tue Jul 19 12:00:55 EDT 2005

On Jul 19, 2005, at 1:06 AM, Jeff Shell wrote:

> Hi Gary! I'd be very interested in this. It's not critical for me
> right now, so there's no need to rush making something available. I
> have an inefficient but fun solution for my system that can be
> replaced when this comes along. I primarily wanted to know the state
> of the indexes.

OK, cool.  I'll try to get it up in the next few days (maybe even
today).

> Is what's there right now going to be what ships with Zope 3.1 final?

To my knowledge and understanding, yes: 3.1 is feature frozen, and
the code I wrote about is all about new features.

I'm tempted to try putting this out as another package, the way
zope.formlib was done: that way you could install it in 3.1 if you
desired.  The (possibly) big downside is that then we have an
unnecessary division of the code in Zope 3 proper (zope.index and
zope.app.catalog) versus this new stuff.

Dunno.

Gary