[Zope3-dev] problems with ZOPE_WATCH_CHECKERS

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Jul 19 12:35:24 EDT 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:

>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm trying to debug the security of a Zope 3 application (in Zope 3.1
>> beta) and I am having trouble getting ZOPE_WATCH_CHECKERS to work.
>

> Note that I was trying this as matters are aggrevated by
> zope.app.exception.browser; there's a view registered for IUnauthorized
> which suppresses a traceback from appearing in the log, so it becomes
> extremely hard to debug security with that enabled. If I disable that, I
> do see a traceback, which at least helps me further.

This did help me further, until I realized that this view is in some way
involved in presenting the login dialog as well, and disabling it
doesn't let me log in. As a result, I am now stuck debugging this
security issue. There must be a way others use that does work -- what am
I missing? I only want to be able to see which permission on which
object is failing.

Regards,

Martijn